Andy K tries to pin the tail on his donkey, and ends up pinning its leg instead !
I ran a game a Milton Hundred recently where I needed to give the players the option of taking some pack animals, I had 5 pack donkeys ready, but had another three in the metal mountain, so decided to paint them up. These will be part of my French in Mexico collection.
The figures are from Wargames Foundry, part of the Darkest Africa Range.
As I cleaned up the models prior to painting I found that one of the donkeys was a miscast, part of a rear leg was incomplete. I stuck a small length of wire between the remaining parts of the leg with superglue, and once dried added polystyrene filler to build up the leg. Once the filler had thoroughly dried off I filed it into shape before undercoating the donkeys and the packs matt black.
The donkeys were painted using Vallejo acrylics, some flock added to the bases and matt varnished.