Jeremey tries his hand at this weeks quiz with an eclectic choice of questions.
Still Playing with Toy Soldiers
1. The earliest discovered toy soldiers date to what year?
2. In what year was toy soldier company ‘Britains’ formed?
3. What year did the first Salute show take place?
Do You Know a Little German?
Translate the following German words:
It’s Never that Old!
8. Rank these Rules in the Order They Were Published:
Field of Glory
A Lesson from History
9. During the battle of Aqaba Lawrence of Arabia was knocked unconscious. What caused his injuries?
10. On the 15th August 1943 allied forces suffered 313 casualties capturing Kiska Island from the Japanese. What is this encounter most famous for?
Call Yourself a Member?
11. As of today how many show prizes has the club won:
12. Between 2002-2010, according to the club diary, which miniature size was used the most for games?
A Birds Eye View
13. What Castle is This?
14. What Castle is This?
15. What Castle is This?
A Viking We Will Go!
16. Name these three films featuring Vikings from the soundtrack
Carry On Sergeant!
What did these famous people serve in, the Army, Airforce or Navy?
17. Roald Dahl
18. Alec Guinness
19. Tony Bennett
I May not Know Much About Art
20. Which Battle?
21. Which Battle?
22. Which Battle?
We’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat!
23. What was the name of the largest ship to take part in the battle of Trafalgar?
24. How many guns did it have at the time of the Battle?
A Tight Squeeze!
How many crew in each tank?
He’s Making It Up!
28. Which of these battles are real?
1. Battle of Syme
2. Battle of Loos
3. Battle of Upton Creek
4. Battle of Pease Bottom
5. Battle of Wobble Field
6. Battle of Pudding Valley
7. Battle of Meelick Island
8. Battle of Angry Rock
9. Battle of Flushing
10. Battle of Linton Moor
Now that’s a Big Gun!
How Heavy is Mons Meg (in pounds)?